Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 10 - Name The Pups Contest

Doodlebug reminded me that I had said there would be a contest to name the pups, and when I published their pictures earlier today I called them Jack, Nightshade, and Tanner. Those are the names that Mindymom and I have started calling them, and of course their new owners can name them anything they want. But for right now they each have "working" names so that we don't have to refer to them as Number 1, Number 2, or Number 3.

So. We're open for suggestions for other working names for the pups. Doodlebug has tossed in "Mackenzie" for the girl, which does have its charm. Nominations are open until Wednesday at 8pm eastern. No prizes will be awarded, but if you win you'll get a warm feeling all over your body.

Have at it!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... lets see - how about Winston, Sweetpea, and Tanner? I liked your Tanner pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or how about Sara for the little girl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should go for names based on the fact that there's one of each color, like:

    (wood)
    black - Walnut or Ebony, tan - Oak, lemon - Birch

    (coffee)
    black - Espresso, tan - Macchiato, lemon - Latte
    (coffee drink ingredients)
    black - Coffee, tan - Caramel, lemon - Cream or Sugar

    (seeds)
    black - Sunflower, tan - Flax, lemon - Pumpkin

    The names you already picked are pretty cute tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black one is the girl, right? So yeah, Sunflower would work. Also, my rabbit is named Pumpkin (though not after the seed - we got him in the fall and his coat was orange-brown), so I'm partial to that name. Also, it's not obvious that the names come from the seed colors, but I like that.

    So I like Sunflower, Flax, and Pumpkin out of the list I made above :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the first one, how about Luke or Lucas, for the little girl, Jasmine and for the third, I also like Tanner. He looks like a Tanner to me. :)
    Michele in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I don't look in for a few days and have they ever grown! As fo names...
    How about Beau (Beauregard), Luke (Lucas) and Daisy-Mae

    ReplyDelete