Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 4 - This morning's action

We've been keeping Schuyler and Mindy separated since the puppies were born, particularly since she snapped at him a couple of days ago. This morning I was downstairs with Mindy - the basement door was closed - and she heard Schuyler walking around upstairs. She ran to the top of the stairs and was whimpering and her tail was wagging. I thought that since she was acting like she wanted to see him, I would let them get together again and see what happened. She ran right up to Schuyler, tail still wagging, and Schuyler immediately tensed up. I think he remembered how Mindy attacked him the other morning, because of a sudden he attacked her and a bite-fight broke out. We immediately pulled them apart and I took Mindy downstairs while Mindymom calmed Schuyler down. When I got Mindy in the pen with her puppies, I saw that my left forearm had been bitten. I think Mindy accidentally got me while I was separating them.
Mindy & Schuyler are both OK, and as for me, " 'tis only a flesh wound." (Trivia Quiz! What movie is that line from? First one to give the correct answer will be the first one to give the correct answer.)

By the way, when you answer the trivia question, or post a comment or send an e-mail, please let us know where you are from. We've heard from Canada, Manila, London, and other places. Mindy and the pups are on their way to becoming global superstars!

Mindymom bought some canned food and we gave some to Mindy. She gobbled it down quickly, which is the first meal she's eaten since the births. We're SO glad she's eating again.

8 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad that you are okay, and that the doggies are okay, too. Hopefully Mindy will calm down after the puppies have grown a bit.

    Btw, I am watching from Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the bite wound. The quote is from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It is when the black knights arms are cut off and he says "tis only a flesh wound". Great movie!! I win, I win!!!
    Michele in Florida

    p.s. I watched the birth of the puppies and Mindy did awesome. So did Mindymom and Mindydad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Anonymous beat me to the Monty Python answer :) I got deeply scratched by my rabbit once and someone called him the "Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog" haha.

    I'm glad Mindy's eating - I can't believe she hadn't eaten anything since the births!

    Renee from Harrisonburg, VA (a townie!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear she's eating again!

    I'm candy from Stockholm, Sweden, by the way. Love watching the little puppies(and Mindy too of course!).
    I have a lady dachshund at home and would love to ses her have puppies, though she'll be turning 13 next year so she's a bit too old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barooooo Mindy!!! She's saying HEY!! COME BACK!!COME BACK!! Maybe you should bring her a TV!! She's so cute, like when she gets too bored & the babies are sleeping, she'll nudge them until they start wiggling.
    Wicked little chomp ya got there Mindydad. I'm very happy she's eating now.
    I LOVE the idea of a Mindypup being the 1st pupper!! We can do this! YES WE CAN!!YES WE CAN!
    from Peoria, Illinoizzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nite nite Mindyfamily.....zzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I forgot to ask, would you post a picture of your other baby, Schuyler please please please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @anonymous - To see Schuyler, look for "Labels" in the right hand column. Click on "Schuyler" and then go to the bottom of the page that loads and you'll see his picture. I'll get another pic of him up within the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete